Thursday 9 February 2017

You hold the key to my heart

Warning!!! Heavy photo content! ;)


A special Hi to all my crafting friends! I am here today to share with you a special set I made for Valentine's Day - not for my Soul mate, as my Love resides in my heart (you know who I'm talkin' about, don't you?). But I had fun doing it, and maybe, who knows... I might find some good use to it!



For the card I used Tilda with those handsome flowers, and while masking it, I added the key, on which she's sitting. I used the same for the container, which I recycled. It's a sweet round container, originally a ready-made salad bowl which one can purchase from a Supermarket. 





Distress inks used: 
Skin: Vintage Photo and Tattered Rose
Hair: Walnut Stain, Antique Linen, Vintage Photo
Dress and hat: Spun sugar, Fired Brick, Black Soot 
Socks: Spun Sugar
Top and Shoes: Pumice Stone, 
Key: Black Soot, Old Paper Reinker
Background: Tumbled Glass, Broken China


Now isn't that heart doily cute? And you see the small envelope tucked behind the image on the right hand (behind the circular stamps)? This is what it contains... a small but sweet message:




.





A close up of the image and coloring
White accents, including hearts on dress are done with white gel pen




Dies used: Tim Holtz, Sizzix and Spellbinders



Detail of the tulle and lovely pearly string I added to enhance the soft touch. It's really pretty IRL.


And now unto the surprise box I added as part of the set (together with two bottles of home made jam)



I used the same image and filled the insides with Baci (meaning kiss) chocolates and a lovely heart which can be hung as a delicate decorative element.



A side view of the box


Finally, in occasion of this wonderful feast, where we celebrate Love, I leave you with an image of the felt heart I glued on the bottom side of the container's lid. I send a virtual hug to all of you, with a sincere wish that in your life you'll experience the wonderful gift of true love, which originates and ends is God - who IS LOVE itself.






Now let's roll some challenges out there: 

Craft Heaven #17 - Love is all around
Midweek Magnolias #157 - Show us some Love (use hearts) - I have quite some to choose from! :)
Magnolia-licious #3 - Anything goes with an option use flowers
All About Magnolia #20 - All About love
Magnolia Forever  #50 - Love



Wish you lots and lots of love, happiness and blessings!! 


"He that loves not knows not God; for God is love"   (1Jn.4:8)

21 comments:

  1. Wow what a beautiful creation full of love and so much delight, thank you for joining our challenge at MAGNOLIA FOREVER I hope you will join us again
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorraine for the sweet comment! :) Have a wonderful week! Hugs, R

      Delete
  2. Once again a stunning creation Rosette...so beautifully coloured...your design and embellishments are gorgeous! Thank you for sharing with us at Midweek Magnolias...can't wait to see what you create for us next time!!
    Take care,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for leaving some love Beth! :) blessings xx

      Delete
  3. Oh my, Rosette - what a little treasure to receive! Your card is gorgeous. Your box is also wonderful. Both are full of detail and amazing painting. A wonderful gift for someone special. :o)
    Big Hugs, Candy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How sweet of you :) Thank you Candy dear. I wish you a wonderful weekend! :) Big hugs sent your way , R

      Delete
  4. This is another amazing creation Rosette, love your colouring of this sweet Tilda and your pretty gift idea. Thank you for sharing with us over at Magnolia-licious. Good luck!
    Hugs Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suzi dear :) Wishing you a wonderful, and maybe, crafty weekend ;) Hugs, R

      Delete
  5. WOW absolutely stunning!! Love Maggie's!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eulanda :) They ARE too cute!!! And the new ones... super special!! Hugs, R

      Delete
  6. aw bless, what a cute card you are showing us, love it and all the details, very lush!
    xxx, Ally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ally for leaving some love, I'm happy that you like it :) Blessings dear. Hugs, R

      Delete
  7. Such a lovely card & gift set, thank you for joining us at Midweek Magnolia we hope to see you again soon. Emma DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Rosette,

    What a wonderful creations.
    Tilda is so beautifully colored.
    I love it.

    Hugs Bianca.
    DT Magnolia Forever Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks Bianca!! Thank you for leaving some love. Have a wonderful week!

      Delete
  9. Such a beautiful set! Love your the card with the sweet Magnolia :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Alexandra :) I appreciate you leaving a comment here. Hope you find some inspiration xx Hugs. R

      Delete
  10. Beautiful card - so pretty! Thank you for joining us at All About Magnolia challenge.

    Evie DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow it's just so lovely!
    Thank you so much for joining us at All About Magnolia with this beautiful creation. Hope to see you in our next challenge too!

    Best wishes

    XX Diana (DeeDee)
    www.deedees-cardart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both card and heart doily are so cute. I really love the design and color combo. Thank you for joining Magnolia Forever challenge.
    Sai

    ReplyDelete